Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is the meal most neglected, especially with the hectic Los Angeles lifestyle. Spring is here again and most fruits and vegetables are in season so now is the perfect time to get out your blender and try these super easy delicious smoothie recipes for the perfect breakfast on the go! Enjoy!
1.) Greenery - This low sugar, nutrient dense recipe is perfect to fuel you in the morning and the healthy fats from the avocado will leave you feeling full! This is one of our absolute favorites!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 squeezed lemon (lemon juice)
- 1 whole avocado
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- dash of cinnamon
2.) Berry Berry Good- this smoothie is packed with antioxidants that will keep you looking young and feeling younger.
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of blackberries
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1 cup of greek yogurt (those with dairy allergies, we suggest using coconut milk yogurt)
- 1 banana
3.) Everything in the fridge smoothie- this one is the most convenient recipe and is still packed with plenty of nutrients and vitamins to help fuel your day without having to go to the grocery store.
- 1 cup of whatever leafy greens you have (spinach, kale, arugula)
- 1 cup of water
- several ice cubes
- 1 cup of whatever fruit you have (we recommend using a variety of fruit if you have it available)
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave